Thursday 2 May 2013

And so the big edit begins

This is it! The final push!

I've been sitting idle a while working on other projects, doing lots of reading, drawing, making origami. I think of it less as procrastination and more as "inspiration gathering". And now the time has come, I'm going to do my final edit of Book 1.

I got a bit stumped doing the outline of Book 2 and I think, as with writing the first book, going back might be the best way to go forward.

I'm meeting with my mate Pat next week to do a final map of Arbea. And, I'll hopefully be enlisting the help of another friend to rationalise my pictographs.

Then, at the end of the month, I'll be cat sitting for a friend. This means I'll be living away from my computer. I'm going to take that time to turn Gareth's flat into my writing studio and spend my evenings writing (by hand) and thrashing out the last bits of Arbea. Hopefully his cat, Martha, won't mind and maybe I'll find some unforeseen inspiration for the Rh'ezans. :)

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment