Saturday 20 July 2013

Rock 'em sock 'em robots

Half the fun of drawing the sentinels was getting to draw sketches of cool weapons and figure out how their mechanical skeletons could potentially work. I remember spending hours when I was younger filling sketchbooks full of cool gadget ideas. I desperately wanted to be an engineer (then I realised I hated maths).

All I have to say is: Retractable arm canon. Rotating arsenal of three different weapons - Plasma bolts, stun cable and incapacitating foam. (I realise they probably wouldn't need a laser sight as their robots and could probably target better than a human).

The sentinels are described in the book as:

"The sentinels were eerie looking bots. Each the height of Maester Arms and equally broad. Their onyxian frames were humanec but entirely devoid of features; just sleek metal bodies with eyeless orbs atop their shoulders. Their only defining feature was a golden symbol at the centre of their chest. Gemmy recognised it instantly as the ‘all knowing eye’ of Black Star Labs."

Anywho, here's how the sentinels measure up against humans:


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment