Tuesday 24 July 2012

New and improved

I've been on a writing spree and Chapter 13 is finishing up nicely so I've taken some time to update my blog - not just adding posts but tricking it out with a new look. I'd finished the 'chibi' drawing of the O-Peel characters a while back and I'm not sure why it took me so long to realise that this perfectly done landscape illustration would work well as the masthead of my blog.

Here you see the main characters in their colourful RGB splendour: (L to R) Pol, Mercy, Sem, Gemmy, Nareth, Gravander and Mhetli.


The image features the first finished drawing of one of the book's characters, Polin Gulsse (Pol for short). He actually crops up in the book a lot and is one of Gemmy's pals. I have some proper sketches of him that I'll post later on with a bit more detail about his character

Hope you enjoy the new look of the blog and stay tuned. I've lined up a few posts that have been hanging out in the back room of the site that I'd just not gotten around to finishing since I've been on my writing spree.

No comments:

Post a Comment