Monday 30 July 2012

Associating with ducks

I like to think of myself as a digital Bansky* so designed a logo for a social group called 'The Laughing Duck Society'. The group is named for a former Edinburgh pub called... The Laughing Duck. What do we ducks stand for... well, it's a secret.

It was a giggle manipulating a duck to have a smile. I'd been experimenting with making comic book images of photographs for my Queen Elizabeth comics and thought it would work well since 'massaging' the features of the duck left it with a surreal look to begin with. I think the cartoonish finish works well combined with the 'clip art' belt. 

I used the font, 'Felix Titling', because it's reminiscent of the font used for one of my favourite films, 'Dead Poets' Society'.

The motto, 'Ridere cum mei frater est vitam' means 'To laugh with my brothers is life'... I hope. If not, I blame my high school education and Google translate!

Quack!


The logo was not commissioned for the group, they may not have liked it, probably didn't need or want it,  other people might find it strange and superfluous, so that's pretty much why I did it! Sadly, like Bansky, they seem to like it despite my anarchic intentions. Blast my conventional awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment