Thursday 30 August 2012

30 is not a four letter word

So, I turned 30 yesterday. Not so bad now I'm finally on the other side of it.

And, as I am won't to do, I've commemorated the event in pictorial form.



Looking back, I've gone through a lot of changes. Some good, some bad. But all for the better. Physically, mentally and emotionally I've grown but I think, deep down, I'm still the 5-year-old kid who desperately wanted to grow up to be a ninja turtle (Michaelangelo in particular). And I think 5-year-old me would be pretty pleased with how 30-year-old me has turned out. In fact, he would think I'm pretty radical. So, here's to 5 year old me! Well done, and thanks for everything!

What I THOUGHT I looked like:
Age 5 - Pretty much was just me.
Age 10 - I was convinced I was going to be a ninja. Friends and I used to have daily 'battles' at recess.
Age 16 - I was pretty certain in my teenage malaise that I was a Dragon Ball Z character. I experimented a lot with hair in these years.
Age 21 - Slightly more comfortable with me but hair-experimentation still necessary.
Age 25 - Moved to Scotland. Grew a 'fro. Partied a lot.
Age 30 - Pretty much back to just me again. But with bills.

1 comment: