Wednesday 8 November 2017

Mhetli in the clouds

I've drafted the first illustration from Breaking Point.
Themo H Peel - Mhetli in the clouds
Mhetli - above it all


I first had this idea almost 2 years ago just before the launch of Book 2. On a plane to Barcelona for a litter R&R I had this vision of Mhetli in the clouds, high above the world and his problems.

At the end of Spirit Shear he needs a bit of R&R himself to recover from the beating they all got on Rheza. What better place to get away from it all than high in the sky, above the clouds, above the world?

I'm not 100% convinced of the greys that I've used for the sky. I'll probably end up doing several drafts as usual. But, I'm stilly pleased with how the book is already taking shape, both the writing and the fact that I already have so many great images in my head. This picture has captured my own sense of the vastness of a new beginning - a feeling that will be pervasive in Book 3.

Persistence and proliferation, friends!



Buy 'Black Star' or 'Spirit Shear' on Amazon in the UK and US
Check out Themo on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment