Monday 25 February 2013

Onions - getting stinky

A friend of mine, Lou Webb, is working on a 2D platform video game called Mr Onion. You can find out more about the game and some of Lou's art on the Mr Onion Tumblr.

I had a nice lazy day today and had a walk around town and came across a big patch of wild onions in the botanics. Naturally Mr Onion popped into my head. So, I got home and did some sketches for a giggle. 

I was thinking, what on earth would an onion's super powers be? Well, power of the PEEL of course!!! Coincidence?? Anywho, Mr Onion readies a caustic onion-acid bulb blast to show us his pungent power. Whether this has any bearing on the actual game I have no idea, but it was fun to draw.

So, here's Themo's take on Mr Onion.

Enjoy!

Mr Onion gets stinky

Pencil sketch

5 comments:

  1. If his fist in on fire shouldn't the light be on the same side, and the shadow on his right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Good eyes. I actually thought about that. I reasoned the thing in his fist is actually a build up of "onion acid" and not actually a light source which is why it crawls over the edges of his gloves. You'll see the shadows for his whole body are based of the light to the left. There's a wee glow along his right hand side coming off the 'flame' but it's actually just a bit of mist as it dissipates.

      Delete
    2. It's like when people think Cyclops' optic blasts are heat vision but they're actually concussive force. Actually wrote into marvel once when he used his beam to light a fire. They did not print/respond to my letter *sigh*

      Delete
    3. Thanks for keeping me right though :)

      Delete