Wednesday 16 May 2012

We can be heroes!

I've recently been designing the posters for Edinburgh Showcase. Showcase is a great group that puts on a concert every year to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. This year's show is called 'Heroes' after the David Bowie Song.
Overall I want the posters to have that classic comic book 'noir' feel to them, so quite poppy and mysterious but exciting at the same time. Think 'The Incredibles' meets 'The Dark Knight'. Here are a few design sketches for ideas for the poster.
The first idea (which is my favourite) features two 'average joes' who are hidden heroes. The idea is the people who donate to Macmillan are the actual heroes.

The second sketch puts a Macmillan twist on Bowie's Ziggy Stardust make up but still has the 'BANG! ZIFF!' of old school Batman. I'd still like to play with placement, etc, but I think it's a very striking and iconic picture that people would stop and look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment